M.A.C Cosmetics has launched their latest limited-edition ‘Boom, Boom, Bloom’ collection. Inspired by the Springtime blossom of the Japanese Sakura tree, the collection is a blend of new shades and palettes, as well as iconic products that have been repackaged and redesigned complete with an uplifting cherry blossom scent.
Despite having pink hues, there is something for every skin tone or beauty style, including cool pinks, warm browns, with hints of neutrals and light iridescence.
The ‘Kabuki Doll’ Palette is perfectly edited starring nine beautiful warm neutral hues. It features different finishes from pearl to frost to matte. For this beauty look I used the shade ‘Don’t Be Koi’ a soft rosey gold.
We were excited to use this collection in our beauty shoot and the compact and sleek size made it a perfect travel companion.
To give the skin a sheer and luminous glow I used M.A.C High-Light Powder in the shade ‘Fleur Real’ This powder has a velvety texture and a suburb colour pay off as well as having a unique cherry blossom design embossed into the powder.
We applied the highlighter on Verena using a light hand and a sheer powder brush.
The lip shades in this collection are the perfect hues of pink. A great option for a bride to be is ‘Wagasa Twirl’ a blue pink shade with a creamy matte finish. If you wish to amplify the colour use ‘Cherry Mochi’ Lip Glass to add a high shine effect.
M.A.C Boom Boom Bloom, Prep + Prime Fix+ is a lightweight mist that smells like cherry blossom, instantly transporting you to Japan. You can use this mist to prep your skin to help you create a dewy look, as well as setting and rehydrating your makeup. M.A.C Prep + Prime Fix+ is one of my all time favourite products.
How To Kawaii Beauty.
- After cleansing, mist skin using the M.A.C Boom Boom Bloom, Prep + Prime Fix+ before applying moisturiser.
- Start your glow by applying M.A.C Strobe Cream in ‘Pink Lite’ on the cheeks, blend using a beauty blender.
- Highlight your cheeks using ‘Fleur Real’ High-Light powder. This illuminator gives a pretty flush to the skin as well as a polished overall finish.
- Wash ‘Don’t be Koi’ a delicate rosey gold shade on the eyelids using a fluffy brush. Blend out any edges using a clean brush.
- For definition use black water proof gel liner in the upper lash line.
- Curl the lashes then apply two coats of M.A.C ‘Up For Everything Lash’ mascara.
- Fill in any gaps in the eyebrows by using a brow pencil.
- Groom brows by brushing the hairs up and across. Apply clear brow gel to hold in place.
- Apply M.A.C ‘Wagasa Twirl’ lipstick, blot excess lipstick for a soft and pretty look.
- To finish spray M.A.C Prep + Prime Fix+ to perfect the makeup and rehydrate skin.