We both grew up in Christchurch and met while on a snowboarding camp when we were 15 years old. I was instantly attracted to this handsome, tall, stylish and funny boy, so at the end of the camp, I wrote my landline number on a piece of paper and gave it to Jake. The following Friday he picked me up after school in his Kermit-the-Frog green Toyota, and that was that!
We met five years ago at a concert in Asheville, North Carolina. I was with my best friend, Katie, who introduced us because Katie and Michael went to high school together. We danced all night and have been inseparable ever since. I think our story is so magical because it was basically love at first sight.
– Real wedding cover story set in Arizona, USA, with newlyweds Christina + Tom, photographed by New Zealand duo Frank & Peggy
– Exclusive interview with artist Kelly Thompson on her design and illustration business and agency
– A curated selection of 14 unique and inspiring real weddings from New Zealand, Australia, America, Poland, Croatia, Ireland and Canada
– 50+ pages of fashion, style, beauty and flora editorial
– Pasture Restaurant, a world-class foraging experience for our food feature
– “Dried Beauty’ Flower feature
– Together’s signature beauty shoot ‘The Dressing Room’
– Honeymooning in Italy
– Three beautifully styled shoots to give you inspiration for weddings or occasions
– Beautiful real life stories and interviews about love and life
Buy at all good bookstores and supermarkets nationwide or at our online shop
On sale in Australia on January 5th and in the USA late January. But our web shop does ship international if you can’t wait.
We met at the beginning of 2008 when I started working for Joel’s father’s company. We started seeing each other in July that year and we’ll celebrate our eight-year anniversary in Paris on Bastille Day this year. A little side story – shortly after I’d started, Joel’s father Tony mentioned to his mother that he’d found a lovely girl at work who would be perfect for Joel. Suffice to say, I think he was right! The proposal happened on a trip to South America for the 2014 Football World Cup (we’re big sports fans).
We both moved to NYC after graduating, and originally met in a sketchy club on the West Side Highway in November 2011 (we only discovered this a few years later when we found a selfie Brandon took on a Kodak disposable and I was in the background). We ended up meeting properly six months later at a bar with mutual friends. We got married at one of the oldest churches in Panama.